So I am sure we all have a drawer full of junk T-shirts from your job, races you have run, and free giveaways. I myself end up using these tee’s for pajamas. I found a DIY pin on Pinterest (don’t you just love pinterest) on how to make your frumpy tee’s more fashionable. Check out mine!
So this is what you will need:
1. Pick your over sized shirt, I decided on camo shirt I picked up at the thrift store for $0.99.
2. Cut around the ribbed collar of your t-shirt until it is completely off. Make sure to stay close to the seam.
3. Remove both sleeves by cutting around the seams that attach the sleeves to the main body of the shirt. Again, make sure to stay close to the seam.
4. Cut the neck hole about an 1.5 inches deeper. I recommend cutting to the halfway point and folding the cut strip onto the other side. Then you can use the part you’ve already cut as a stencil for the other part; this way the neck hole isn’t lopsided. Or you can do like I did and grab your sports bra, outline the front of the tank so its even and then cut the neck.
5. Now cut the sleeve holes about an inch from the neck line. The tutorial I found said to make a cut like the one here. But I found that this cut makes the shirt gape a little awkwardly on the sides. I recommend turning the shirt over and cutting more onto the back than on the front.
6. Cut a “V” down the back of the shirt and using the scraps from the sleeve, cut a strip about 2″ wide and 8″ long. (I used the collar that I cut off)
Now I have super cute tee’s I can work out in, heck I can even wear these tops out with a pair of jeans or shorts!