Thanks so much and cant wait to see you on our new page!!!
So I am sure we all have a drawer full of junk T-shirts from your job, races you have run, and free giveaways. I myself end up using these tee’s for pajamas. I found a DIY pin on Pinterest (don’t you just love pinterest) on how to make your frumpy tee’s more fashionable. Check out mine!
So this is what you will need:
1. Pick your over sized shirt, I decided on camo shirt I picked up at the thrift store for $0.99.
2. Cut around the ribbed collar of your t-shirt until it is completely off. Make sure to stay close to the seam.
3. Remove both sleeves by cutting around the seams that attach the sleeves to the main body of the shirt. Again, make sure to stay close to the seam.
4. Cut the neck hole about an 1.5 inches deeper. I recommend cutting to the halfway point and folding the cut strip onto the other side. Then you can use the part you’ve already cut as a stencil for the other part; this way the neck hole isn’t lopsided. Or you can do like I did and grab your sports bra, outline the front of the tank so its even and then cut the neck.
5. Now cut the sleeve holes about an inch from the neck line. The tutorial I found said to make a cut like the one here. But I found that this cut makes the shirt gape a little awkwardly on the sides. I recommend turning the shirt over and cutting more onto the back than on the front.
6. Cut a “V” down the back of the shirt and using the scraps from the sleeve, cut a strip about 2″ wide and 8″ long. (I used the collar that I cut off)
Now I have super cute tee’s I can work out in, heck I can even wear these tops out with a pair of jeans or shorts!
Happy 4th everyone and a shout out to those that serve our country and protect us!
I wanted to share some inspiration of 4th July outfits to get your day started, I myself will be hanging at a friends house enjoying some BBQ. Heres a few of my favorites!
Yes honey these outfits give me life, they are everything…
Stay tuned and I will share how I rocked my 4th of July outfit, have a blessed day Fashion Junkeys!!
This is day 4 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge
A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of shooting the Preserve the Sexy Tour in Atlanta. There were many speakers that consist of having healthier hair, eating healthier, using the correct running gear, and singer Q Parker from singing group 112 was a guest speaker. The tour focused on a program called, “walk before you run” which helps you transition into to running.
Ashley & Toni the founders shared how they started BGR and a little bit about them selves when it comes to their eating habits and working out.
I absolutely love using setting spray after applying my makeup, its works great for my oily skinny. I usually buy the brand by e.l.f., its $3.00 at Target. The price is great but the bottle is on the small size it 2.02 oz., which doesn’t last long if you’re like me. Sometimes I have to attend different events many times during the week and need to redo my makeup.
So this is when I decided I needed to make my own setting spray so I can get more for my money and not have to worry about running out all the time.
What you will need:
Sterile spray bottle (the bottle needs to be able to spray in a mist setting)
Aloe Vera juice or glycerin
You want to add two parts water, one part aloe Vera or glycerin, and one part Witch Hazel. Shake up all ingredients well in the bottle (make sure you shake well before every use).
After applying your makeup, spray your mixture on your face.
I bought all my products from Walmart
Yesterday I had a kick ball game at 4:20 pm I put my spray on at 2:00 pm and heres my makeup right before the game at 4:00 pm.
Heres my makeup after the game at 8:30 pm celebrating our victory.
Not to bad after 6 hours and playing in the sun for a hour.
This is day 22 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge
So I’m not your typical mommy, I’m not that mommy that wears yoga & sweat pants just because I am a mom and they are comfortable. You can still be comfortable and be a rock star mom!
So here’s one of my mommy on the go outfits (excuse the images my 5-year-old took them for me) LOL.
Gap Black Ruffle Dress: Goodwill $5.95
Black Sparkle Canvas Sneakers: Marshalls $19.99
This mom is comfortable and cute on a dime $27.00 for the outfit
This is day 18 of the ultimate blog challenge
These tips were shared with me and Im passing them on to you
THROUGH A RAPIST’S EYES” (PLS TAKE TIME TO READ THIS. it may save a life.)
Through a rapist’s eyes. A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts:
1] The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun! , braid, or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed. They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair. Women with short hair are not common targets.
2] The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women who’s clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around to cut clothing.
3] They also look for women using their cell phone, searching through their purse or doing other activities while walking because they are off guard and can be easily overpowered.
4] The number one place women are abducted from / attacked at is grocery store parking lots.
5] Number two is office parking lots/garages.
6] Number three is public restrooms.
7] The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to a second location where they don’t have to worry about getting caught.
8] If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn’t worth it because it will be time-consuming.
9] These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas,or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands.
10] Keys are not a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you’re not worth it.
POINTS THAT WE SHOULD REMEMBER:
1] If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question, like what time is it, or make general small talk: can’t believe it is so cold out here, we’re in for a bad winter. Now that you’ve seen their faces and could identify them in a line- up, you lose appeal as a target.
2] If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell Stop or Stay back! Most of the rapists this man talked to said they’d leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.
3] If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes,) yelling I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.
4] If someone grabs you, you can’t beat them with strength but you can do it by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the arm between the elbow and armpit or in the upper inner thigh – HARD. One woman in a class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands the guy needed stitches. Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it; it really hurts.
5] After the initial hit, always go for the groin. I know from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy’s parts it is extremely painful. You might think that you’ll anger the guy and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause him a lot of trouble. Start causing trouble, and he’s out of there.
6] When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible. The instructor did it to me without using much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked audibly.
7] Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behavior, don’t dismiss it, go with your instincts. You may feel little silly at the time, but you’d feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.
FINALLY, PLEASE REMEMBER THESE AS WELL ….
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do it.
2. Learned this from a tourist guide to New Orleans : if a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you…. chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping,eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side,put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU CLOSE the DOORS , LEAVE.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
a. Be aware: look around your car as someone may be hiding at the passenger side , peek into your car, inside the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. ( DO THIS TOO BEFORE RIDING A TAXI CAB) .
b. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
c. Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked “for help” into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it’s better safe than sorry.
If u have compassion reblog this post.
‘Helping hands are better than Praying Lips’ – give us your helping hand.
REBLOG THIS AND LET EVERY GIRL KNOW
ATLEAST PEOPLES WILL KNOW WATS GOIN IN THIS WORLD.
So please reblog this….Your one reblog can Help to spread this information.
I hope you all will Reblog. Lets See how many of you really care for this.
This is my 26th Blog of the Ultimate Challenge
I can’t wait for spring to get here! I started my summer/spring shopping and cant wait to rock my outfits, heres the 2013 spring color palatte.
Heres a little inspiration to get you started with your spring shopping for 2013.
The is my 25th post of the Ultimate Blog challenge
So for the past 7 months ive been working on a better me, I run, lift weights, and try to eat healthier. I drink smoothies often so my hubby decided for my birthday he would get me a really nice juice blender. After reading reviews on many blenders/juiciers he decided the Nutri Bullet was the perfect fit for me. He bought mine from Best Buy you can also buy it from Amazon and many other stores, it goes for about $99.00 to $124.00.
- Effortlessly pulverizes fruits, vegetables, superfoods and protein shakes into a delicious, smooth texture
- High-torque power base and 600-watt motor
- Power, patented blade design and cyclonic action combine to extract all nutrients from food helping to achieve the healthiest lifestyle possible
- Includes a power base, 1 tall cup, 2 short cups, 1 flat blade and 1 emulsifying blade, 2 re-sealable lids, pocket nutritionist and manual with recipes
- More power, more capacity
Today was my first day using it, I decided to add:
- Green leaves
- Vanilla Protein Powder
After you add everything you add water to the max line, turn it on and blend.
So far I like it, adding the vanilla protein I think made it taste a little sweeter which I really liked. Bonus points for the extra cups that come with it so you can take it on the go. I will update date you in a few weeks on how my new Nutri Bullet has been working out.
Do you use the Nutri Bullet, how do you like it and share some of your favorite recipes with us!
This is my 24th post of the Ultimate Blog Challenge
I had the pleasure to attend the Imaging USA 2013 Expo and let me tell you it was awesome! Any vendor you can think of was there. There were so many products and it was great to have hands on and not just see the products from a catalog. I was a kid in the candy store and at first a little over whelmed from all the vendors. This would be my first time visiting such an awesome expo but I had no clue what to wear! After sending a message to another fellow photographer she advised me on the dress code. I decided to throw on my new H&M slacks I caught on clearance for $15.00. With the slacks I added my staple piece boyfriend tee from target and a black blazer. I threw on some heels but my legs were sore from running a 5k race earlier in the a.m. (by the way I finished in 33:45), so I decided to throw on my converse instead. What a great choice to make, this expo was huge and I had lots of ground to cover.
This is my 23rd post of the Ultimate Blog Challenge